Cart Is Empty

parrot-social

Dear Parrots magazine,

A second bird

I would like to respond to Lee Gamble’s article in the August issue 319 - ”It’s official, I am turning into my grandad”. I am assuming Lee is retired and home most of the day. Lee, your daughter’s report on her parrot ownership is sadly too common nowadays. I am so pleased you and your wife have stepped in and clearly given the parrot a much better home.

I am however, a little worried that you want another parrot. You have clearly got a very happy family with your wife, fish, dog and Madge, and I wonder if you have really thought about getting a second parrot. They may get on really well together and clearly you are not an impatient man, but you really do need to consider the sexes and that involves DNA testing of both birds. If it turns out you have two females you may well have trouble ahead, assuming of course, that they like each other in the first place. If they do like each other then your services will no longer be required as they will be perfectly happy with each other.

You have a happy environment with your wife, parrot, fish and dog - please don’t risk spoiling things. Also the parrot will likely outlive you and then become one of those you see passing around in the free ads. Congratulations on your progress with Madge, but I would advise you stick with the family you already have.

David Vickery, by email

BACK TO LETTERS PAGE

Newsletter

Our Address

Parrots magazine is published by
Imax Visual Ltd, West Building,
Elm Grove Lane, Steyning BN44 3SA

Telephone +44 (0)1273 464777
© Parrots magazine 2023