Cart Is Empty

parrot-social

Dear Parrots magazine,

More AG please

I would like to point out that articles on the African Grey parrot Psittacus erithacus are few and spaced far apart.  The African Grey (Congo) has excelled and is recognised by the Guinness Book of World Records with over 1000 words, an African Grey has demonstrated an ability to possess a 100 word vocabulary and known when to use it.  Its ability to learn has been compared to that of a four year old child.  I believe these feats and accomplishments place it above the rest.

I am sure your readers and subscribers would like to see more articles on both the African Grey Congo and the African Grey Timneh.  Each focused on specific topics; nesting requirements, sexing, mating, nesting box, hand feeding, diets, taming, training, illness, caring for older parrots, etc.  A comparison that clearly highlights and distinguishes the differences between the Congo and the Timneh should have pictures as well as descriptive information regarding their beaks, tail feathers, plumage and nails.

Another topic that would be appreciated and helpful is an objective review of incubators as a means for hatching parrot eggs.  Everything I have seen is usually published by the manufacturer.  I believe an objective consumer report that provides both the pros and cons would be welcomed by the average reader and parrot lover.

Margarita Hernandez, by email

BACK TO LETTERS PAGE

Newsletter

Our Address

Parrots magazine is published by
Imax Visual Ltd, West Building,
Elm Grove Lane, Steyning BN44 3SA

Telephone +44 (0)1273 464777
© Parrots magazine 2023