Cart Is Empty

parrot-social

Dear Parrots magazine,

Ruppell’s and Rescue

My question is to ask if you could do a specific breed study/article on Ruppell’s. Please, I would love to learn anything else I can about them. I rescued one, which I think is a male. It has taken me almost two years to gain his trust, humans had not been very nice to him in the past, so it was a slow process. I also rescued a Green-cheeked Conure, which are much more common. She had plucked her feathers, and was also terrified of people. They are both doing very well now and I have taken them out of their cages to play every day, and even take them outside on sunny days. It is amazing how attached one becomes to these feathered creatures!

I became an accidental parrot-parent (I had not intended on having birds until I saw their situation, I had to do something about it). So now my family says I have really turned into ‘bird person’!

Anyway, thank you for your lovely magazine, and the exceptional customer service. If you can do a piece on Ruppell’s I would love it!

Also, maybe you could do an article on parrots who are ‘special needs’ or recovering from an abusive or/and former homes. That would be wonderful. My two were so afraid and traumatised that I researched and found a parrot expert (about four hours’ drive away), so he came out to my house and we had a consultation with the birds. He gave me tips and advice, etc., but it would be great to see articles on dealing with rescues..

Jen, Canada

BACK TO LETTERS PAGE

Newsletter

Our Address

Parrots magazine is published by
Imax Visual Ltd, West Building,
Elm Grove Lane, Steyning BN44 3SA

Telephone +44 (0)1273 464777
© Parrots magazine 2023